Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Patriot - 1986

Action movies?  Is that the theme I should be expecting here, on the Excellent Eighties boxset? So far, I've had three action movies on here.  Have to say, I would not be disappointed.  I'd go for that.  Action movies are satisfying as fuck.

In this one, some guy that looks like a rip off of William Hurt stars as a guy with a gun, and he has to protect somethin' or other and be with a girl who is dating the bad guy...  or eventually the dude becomes the bad guy. Not William Hurt gets the girl, there's a bit of nudity, and there is a nuke somewhere.

Leslie Nielsen had a "role" that was more of a cameo, there was an okay amount of action, and things happened from my memory.  It struck me how, in these movies, the average action hero goes from simple dude to a killing machine in like 15 minutes.  I thought of this with Laser Mission too.  Brandon Lee is just a dude.  In this, fake William Hurt is at least in the army.  But these guys get into the plot, pick up a gun and just start mowing down red-shirts left and right.  What about the value of human life?

Despite being clearly limited in terms of locations and budget, this movie was fine.  No big time lessons learned or missed, nothing major, just a whatever action movie for a Wednesday night home in the cabin (these were the conditions I watched it under).  I guess 2.5?

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...