Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Scarecrows - 1988

I thought for a minute this was another movie I'd already seen.  I confused this with Dark Night of the Scarecrow, which I saw all the way back in my first month of this blog in 2015.  Man....I'm coming up on doing this for 5 years.  Holy shit bruh.

Scarecrows stars Ted Vernon, an actor who I don't know.  It doesn't star anyone else, however considering those facts the acting was not bad.  Scarecrows is a horror movie, and I was in a horror movie mood last night, and you know what....  it ain't half bad.

A bunch of criminals are on a hijacked airplane flying away from a bank robbery where they got 3 million dollars.  As they escape, one of them turns on the others, grabbing the money and jumping from the flight while they pass over some middle-of-nowhere type place.  He lands in a old cornfield, full of scarecrows and an abandoned house.  His band of thieves circles around to get their money back, but at the same time, the one who landed starts hearing weird noises and voices coming from the corn field...

I liked this movie.  It wasn't full of good deaths, or gory or classic feeling for a slasher, but it was weird and off kilter and creepy.  They did get a particular atmosphere going here, and the characters are all memorable and somewhat likable.  They made a choice to have some of the characters actually show a bit of development, and they also made the criminals different enough to not entirely blend together.

You may not leave the viewing of this talking about it or even remembering a lot of it, but while you're watching, it entertains.  It might be one of the better "killer scarecrow" movies out there, considering there are not that many.  I'll give it a 3ish, average rating.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...