Monday, December 30, 2019

Cavegirl - 1985

Well, I couldn't find it.  I couldn't find what I know Daniel Roebuck from.  It is likely Star Trek The Next Generation, but I kind of doubt it.  Point is, he was recognizable.

I put on Cave Girl and I had the volume kinda low, but I was still entertained.  Cave Girl starts with nerdy, chunky, but lovable dolt Rex as a obviously-in-his-20s dude playing a high school student.  Rex suffers mishap after mishap, including going into the girls locker room and getting chased by about 10 topless women.  This was about 15 minutes in and I got my hopes up for constant nudity and sex.

Then the plot turns to the actual story as Rex gets sent back in time by a crystal and he arrives in caveman days.  It's supposed to be funny, and it's not, but it is okay I guess as Rex goes about his antics with cavemen.  He eventually meets cavegirl Eba, and she's cute and friendly.

What follows is a movie which is barely an hour and 15 minutes, and there is nary a complication to the idea.  There is one tiny moment where Rex and Eba are separated, but generally it's about Rex trying to fuck Eba, but he doesn't want to be crass about the whole thing.  There is a fat cavewoman who gets made fun of, and the cavemen are given some Three Stooges type of physical "comedy"...  but generally, nothing happens.

Despite all of this, it entertains somewhat, and it reminds me of an era where movies were both appealing to kids and adults.  The movie is certainly made for the 12-17 year olds, yet is R rated in modern times.  I'd totally take a 14 year old to this.  It's innocent as fuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...