Tuesday, December 17, 2019

My Mom's a Werewolf - 1989

I put 1987 and then I rethought and figured it was 1985 before I found it was 1989.  You need backstory on these years don't you?  No?  Oh, sorry.

I'm charging through the boxset, and I'm sure I'll slow down, but for right now, here's My Mom's a Werewolf.  MMW is the story of a bland suburban house mom that is bored and frustrated with her husband, feeling neglected, and entertains the fancy of a local werewolf played by John Saxon.  John Saxon bites her toe and soon enough, mom is changing into a werewolf.

This is a comedy obviously, and although it was not funny, I did find it entertaining.  The 80's charm is in full swing as the corny music plays, and it's appealing in the low-value way.  For a Friday night rental with the kids, which is probably what it was going for, it fills the void.

It went quick, and it wasn't too bad.  The werewolf makeup is even alright, and the acting was good enough.  Without checking IMDb I would bet these people have all made movies before and after.  This wasn't a single movie for anyone involved, I wouldn't think.

I give it a average 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...