Sunday, December 22, 2019

High Risk - 1981

I forgot the name to this movie about 13 times before I finally remembered.  High Risk.  Not a terrible title, but surely not one that stands out either.  A lot like the movie really.

High Risk stars James Brolin, who looks a lot like his son Josh.  James Brolin is part of a group of four guys who rob a drug kingpin in the beginning.  It seems their great master plan to rob the guy consists of "let's just stroll in, grab the money, and stroll right out".  I wonder why such a well constructed plan goes wrong?

And the Plan does go wrong.  This movie has the heist happen in the first 20 minutes or so, and they duct tape the drug kingpin to the chair.  Before they tape his mouth shut the guy says, "You won't make it five miles".  And he's right.  The rest of the movie is about these robbers trying to escape the place where the guy is, and along the way the adventures they encounter.

Again, a lot like the title, it's very average.  There was no real reason for it to be made, and I wonder why it was rated R.  Nothing objectionable happened in my memory, and there was certainly no nudity.  In fact, I struggle to remember if there was even swearing.  Probably.  A few f-bombs I guess.

I put on High Risk because I wanted a bland action filler movie, and it delivered that 100%.  There are guns, put your mind at ease.  I give it 2 stars, because even for a bland movie, it was a bit TOO forgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...