Wednesday, January 29, 2020

We Think the World of You - 1988

Gary Oldman has a tiny role in this gay dog drama movie on this stupid boxset.

I say gay dog drama, and it is that.  Gary Oldman is a married man, having an affair with another man.  He gets sent to jail for a year and soon his gay lover is hanging out with Oldman's parents when he sees Oldman's dog Evie.  Soon enough the movie becomes a story about the man and dog bonding and the eventual fight that becomes.

But I wanted to start this review as I watched it because it features one of the ugliest babies of all time.  Male looking, further uglying itself with food stains and mouth breathing, this thing is fucking relentlessly ugly.  It's ugly as sin, and I just wanted to write this now versus forgetting about it.


Then the movie drags and drags. Its over 90 minutes and feels every brutal second of it. The parts with just the character and the dog I fast forwarded. Who cares, they can't further the plot. Eventually I fast forwarded other parts too.

 Completionism. It haunts me. I should just stop. Just give up. Not watch the rest. There's about 10 movies left. And oh boy did I save the worst (sounding) for last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...