Thursday, January 9, 2020

Delta Force Commando - 1988

I put on this movie just now, and I watched it, and I am really waffling here between if it was just bad, so bad it's good, or just averagely good.  Just that kinda movie I guess.

It's all in the name.  The name itself rips off other movies!  Delta Force, ripping off the Chuck Norris movie, and then Commando, ripping off Schwarzenegger.  There is zero originality to this, and they wear it loud and proud with the name and then with the movie therein.

There was a long scene about 40 minutes in where a helicopter has the main heroes, Fred Williamson as Samuel Beck and Brett Clark as Tony Turner, trapped in a bus after getting hit with rockets.  The helicopter circles and circles, flies around, and raises and lowers.  The scene goes on and on, seemingly forever.  It was at that moment, and at several others, where the truth of this movie hit me.

This movie is aware of it's second rate nature and it takes itself seriously anyways, I think.  They know this is not a great action movie.  But fuck it!  They still want to entertain you.

Do a few shots, maybe hit the pipe, and just enjoy it for what it is.  Dumb.  Its fine and it won't bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...