Saturday, January 9, 2021

Green Eyes - 1934

A body! Stabbed in the back! A house full of suspects! Oh golly!

That is the plot to Green Eyes, a title which I don't know why it is called that. Green Eyes is a murder mystery whodunnit with a house full of "entrigue" and "mystery" when really there isn't much to speak of. I might be too hard of this being that it is 1934, and one of the oldest films I've reviewed for a while. For sure the oldest movie on any of these DVD boxsets I've watched recently.

We follow Inspector Crofton as he suspects Jean, Bill, Steven, Cliff, whatever...whoever...there's a lot of people here to suspect. They all have holes in their story, they all have partial theories and partial explanations. They all have reasons or non-reasons to kill the dead man. A few more deaths happen, a supposed suicide, you get it. There's the other plot synopsis here: "a body turns up. you get it."

Green Eyes might be classic in the strickest sense, but that doesn't mean I liked it. I'll give it like 2 stars I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...