Saturday, January 2, 2021

Monstroid - 1980

I previously watched this for the blog under the name Monster. I thought as I watched it that the monster seemed familiar. and yup I was right. seen it before.

Monster stars John Carradine, a B movie king and someone I'd have expected to be in this blog a lot more. I don't think the entire 70s or 80s set had him at all. He is a king of schlock, and according to my brief research he was present in the beginnings of this blog more, and recently his brother Keith has actually been in more movies I've seen. He's in a small role as a religious guy in a town near a lake where a lake monster dwells.

In my previous review, I talked about this as if I didn't enjoy it. I knocked the lack of a cental character, and the cheap effects. There is truly a lack of characters in this movie. We follow a young woman mostly and she's not in the movie very much. Once the monster is unvelied and being hunted, we have a few main heroes, but they're critically underwritten.

Aside from that I really liked the beginning of this and I like the monster itself. Last time I gave this two stars and I think this time I will go up at least one star. Is all very average and it's all been done before but it was ahead pf it's time, considering it was actually filmed closer to 1971.

The helicopter and the 70s clothes was a lot of fun to see, I'm just enjoying watching movies from the 70s right now, so I'm in my own little personal heaven. Fuck it I'll give this movie 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...