Wednesday, January 13, 2021

Grave of the Vampire - 1973

In the beginning of Grave of the Vasmpire, a undead ghoul rises from the grave and creeps up on a couple who's making it at the graveyard. Why are teens always doin' it in places like this anyways?

I guessed 1972 which is also the year I most commonly guess for these 70s type fare, then I second guessed myself and put 1973, only for the film to have actually been from 1972. FUCK!

Anyways, the ghoul creeps up and kills the dude and rapes the woman. Promising beginning? We follow the woman as she keeps the baby despite a doctor saying she is impregnated with a demon, an undead thing. She gives birth to a unnaturally grey baby who wants to drink blood instead of milk. So, I'm enjoying the first 20 minutes of this in other words.

Grave of the Vampire then flashed forward about 20 something years and now the baby is a full grown adult, a long haired suave motherfucker who is in a class studying the occult. The teacher is a Cameron Mitchell looking motherfucker, and he is all into the undead and vampires etc. Our grown up evil baby is in the class and asks about the undead creature that raped his mom, and soon enough the teacher is exposed to be that very same creature, living covertly amongst the students....

This movie was something else. It was slightly unbalanced to be certain, with large chucks of the middle and the later half pondering around wondering what will happen next. But there's also kick ass moments in the beginning middle and end, and all in all I suppose it evens out.

I kinda wish the beginning and a few other things had been explained, but fuck it. This is a true 70s schlock fest you could drink or smoke to or just enjoy sober like me. I'll give it 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...