Sunday, January 10, 2021

The Vampires Night Orgy - 1974

Leon Klimovsky is not exactly a household name and yet browsing his IMDb he has directed a lot of horror, and has appeared several times on this blog. He also recently did Doctor Jekyll and the Werewolf and the Devil's Possessed. I mean at this point he could be called "friend of the blog".

Putting in links sucks now with the new blogger interface. That's all.

So shit, these movies seem to rank all over the place for me. This one will follow suit. Basically, you have a group of tourists coming to a small town and discovering that all the residents of this town are vampires. Great idea, sure. There is some atmosphere, and the ending was pretty cool as they are trying to escape the town. Unfortunately there is a lot of talking and nothingness in the padding of the film, the bloated middle section feels like it takes forever.

There is no orgy in the film in the sexual sense, but there is scant nudity and we get a bit of blood and guts. Whole lots of flashing fangs and other stuff happening. I dunno, I was a bit drunk and my ear infection made it so that I didn't hear what the people were saying a lot. I might rewatch this one. For now I'll give it three stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...