Saturday, November 28, 2020

The House by the Cemetary -1981

Lucio Fulci is a well known, well documented Italian schlock hero, Zombi and all the others being true giallo classics if you love B movies.

I watched House here not knowing it was Fulci. I might have paid more attention had I known that. but, I don't think I needed to. I don't feel like I missed much of anything.

House begins with Michael and his wife and their son Bob moving into a old Victorian house by a cemetary. The house immediately seems spooky to the wife, and son Bob begins to see a phantom girl no one else can. There's a locked basement door that's spooky, and wierd sounds coming from different corners.

The initial build being fine, we look to the end, where shit naturally gets whack. It's sheer insanity from one moment to the next, and the last 20 minutes is gold.

I think I liked this! I'm inclined to look back, I felt like I'd seen Fulci do better, but this was not a bad movie. the music, settings, camera work, nudity, practical effects, weird monster. It's all here. once the monster really shows up, there was no where else I wanted to be.

I'll give this one 4 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...