Sunday, November 1, 2020

The Corpse Grinders - 1971

Ted V Mikels is an unheard of lower budget director most don't know anything about. I know of him from MST3K favorite The Girl in Gold Boots... Talk about an underrated episode.

In the Corpse Grinders (which I discovered is only two steps away from Larry Buchanan on IMDb) we have a no-name cast in a very low budget, minimal exploitation flick. This is a return to the really, really low budget and slow, slow ass filmmaking I haven't seen in a little while. And, despite being 75 minutes long, this movie takes forever to get anywhere.

This was in my amazon queue and it reminded me of when I used to watch stuff like this a lot. Returning to this after a year of hardly any exploitation, and also a year of really offbeat wtf 70s movies exclusively including the Swinging 70's boxset, I am left to wonder exactly what is wrong with me that at one point this was what I watched almost exclusively. This stuff is just plain bad, in summary.

There's a cat food company somewhere that is putting human flesh into their cat food, they're paying people 2 cents a pound for human bodies and they are continually running short because apparently this cat food is very popular. This naturally leads to people being killed to fill the increasing demand for cat food. It's a shoddy plot, but it's a shoddy movie. This happen and mild thrills are had as you basically just wait for these guys to get caught somehow.

I'll give it about 1.5 stars I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...