Tuesday, November 10, 2020

Blood Sabbath - 1972

Choppin' my way through the boxset. I think my silent, not promised goal right now is to make it through in just two months. If I do that I could finish it by the end of the year. I am going to keep trying to do two movies every time I sit down to watch it. Hey, if you're gonna commit to one, you can commit to two.

In this weirdo flick, drifter David is walking along early on and gets beer sprayed on him by some passing teenagers. It's a strange intro to a strange film. David is a Vietnam veteran with PTSD and as the film goes on we learn a little bit about that.

David is hanging out by a creek when a girl comes swimming up and they spend some time together. David and her instantly fall in love, but this girl claims she is "of another world" and is a water nymph. David just sorta goes along with this. Meanwhile, there is a group of witches I guess nearby, and David can be with his water nymph if he loses his soul. He thinks the witches could do that for him.

This movie was made for 4 reasons: Boobs, Butts, Crotches, and stupid weirdness. Yeah, there is a shit ton of nudity in this. Fully nude chicks dance around, showing their best assets, cause those assets sure aren't acting. David is also a boring actor. I don't think he needs to have a soul removal. I think he already didn't have one.

Nothing really happens for most of the movie. Eventually David gets his soul removed and that changes him. There's very little to write about, and in the end it's a low budget nudie flick that tried and failed to have a horror edge. The weirdness and the nudity elevates it to about 2.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...