I think it was in a post of mine I reread recently where I said I missed these sorta cash-ins that used to happen. Mad Max would come out and we'd get cheap Italian rip-offs. And then in this case, Quest for Fire would come out and we'd get a few Italian rip offs. Such as Ironmaster.
It's like the Italian Star Wars stuff, and this is again like that because you watch this and you wonder "did they even watch the original movie?"
First and foremost we have plentiful dialogue, in English (well, Italian, then dubbed) and it's not even written as unsophisticated. These guys have full control of language as a concept and discuss ideas and options constantly. They even have voting or systems in process to work through issues, as happens in this film.
The tribe has to come to terms with one of the members that's a little uncontrollable. Italian legend George Eastman is Vood, and he kills two of the elders and goes into exile for that. Soon enough he comes up on some lava eruption and finds metal basically. Whatever it is, later named iron, has been forged into a club shape and could be used as a weapon. He figures this out and with weapon in hand returns to his tribe to show his newfound usefulness as a member. But there is another tribe out for him and soon conflict arises.
This movie starts strong but really lags as it goes on. There just was a lack of anything really good, I dunno. The music is decent but holy man, like WE GET IT. About 20 minutes or so too long I'd say. Other than that, it's kinda just "fine" so 2 stars.

No comments:
Post a Comment