Sigh. I just work better in the movie realm when I have an "assignment" these days. With that in mind, I recall my old (really, really old) list of movies I wanted to see. This date back to pre-blog, like probably started this in 2013 or so. So therefore, this is like, the oldest desires I've had to watch. I think I have seen a few of these like Rottweiler and Pin, but some of these I guess I'll rewatch? Anywho here's the list:
Razorback 1984
Bloody New Year 1987
Wizard of Gore 1970
Xtro 1-3
Rottweiler 2004
Nightmare in Blood 1977 some boring looking vampire movie, not sure why its on here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtKVeOmUyww Zontar the thing from Venus
Robot Wars (1993)
Chinese Hercules 1973 – Bolo Yeung, looks great
Sorority Babes in the Slimeball Bowl-O-Rama (1988)
The Hideous Sun Demon – classic b&w sci fi
From Hell It Came (1957) tree trunk monsters
Weasels Rip My Flesh (1979)
A Nymphoid Barbarian in Dinosaur Hell (1990) – when Troma was still decent
Horror of the Blood Monsters (1970) – another ok looking vamp film
Invasion of the Blood Farmers (1972) - backwoods Chainsaw
Frankenstein Meets the Spacemonster (1965) – classic b&w scifi
Nudist Colony of the Dead (1991)
Thunder of Gigantic Serpent (1988) – Canadian giant monster movie!
The Meateater (1979)
Play Dead (1985) killer animals
Alien 2: On Earth (1980)
Pin (1988)
Torso 1973
The Washing Machine (1993) sex thriller which may also have an evil washing machine
Remote Control (1988) Blue Sunshine director
The Dragon Lives Again 1977
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troll_3 the creepers / the crawlers 1993 - Contamination .7
Frankenhooker (1990) trashy comedy horror
Rawhead Rex (1986)
Night Train to Terror (1985) retro lookin thriller
Blind Dead Series: Return of the Evil Dead, Ghost Galleon
Phantasm series
Don’t Look in the Attic
Again, I paste this in to have an easier time later as I work through this. I also think a little retrospective on "why was this on my list" is something I'll include for each one.
Bloody New Year is a bizarre movie with some ambition and some know how, but a bizarre execution. It is made by Norman J. Warren, a director I liked with Terror, Prey, Satan's Slave and I think I have seen Inseminoid but I guess I didn't review it. This is him doing a haunted house / creepy location movie, a trope which I'm usually kinda mixed on.
Likely on the list because of the proximity to a slasher, I doubt I added this because of director Warren. This is decidedly not a real slasher, though it has some elements, and it has other unexplained random phenomena happening in it, which gives the effects a good mention here. They're good, and they're often. It's one of those where the ghosts can make like anything happen, such as making snow fly inside or having an animal carving attack someone. Those types of crazy shenanigans in movies are always way fun.
90 minutes of a fun whatever throw away British thriller will work, ya know! I give it a solid 3. Its nothing special but its above some of them.

No comments:
Post a Comment