Saturday, November 23, 2019

Spider Labyrinth - 1988

Going back to my list of movies I want to see.  What I do is, if they are on youtube, I just knock em out. Watch them.  Finally.  After who knows how long they've been on there, waiting for me.

So my first impression with this movie in particular is that I thought when I put this on the list that it was Japanese.  I remember thinking this was a Japanese or otherwise Asian horror movie, and that was one of the reasons I had wanted to see it.  I see now that it is actually Italian, and that makes it just one more 80's Italian horror flick.

Alan Whitmore is a young hot professor visiting Budapest, and he gets involved with some secret book containing information.  He starts investigating it, and it leads towards a cult or a mystery of sorts, and there's spiders everywhere, and...yeah, this one, plot was not so well defined.

Basically it's an excuse to have spiders and women getting nude, and I am all for any excuse to do those two things.  It is very plodding though, and also just felt talky even though it probably didn't have ALL that much dialogue in it.  The majority of things don't happen until around the 30-45 minute mark, and even the nudity (which you arguably shouldn't have to wait until the plot kicks into gear to see) doesn't come until way into the movie.

This had been on the list for a long time, and I'm glad it's done, but honestly I probably never should have had it on there in the first place.  I'll give it a 2.5 though, and say others might like it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...