Sunday, September 20, 2026

The Washing Machine - 1993

 Its interesting as I go through these and I write out the reasons why they were on my list, a lot of the reasons are similar.  This is on there for the same reason as From Hell it Came.  These are both "they made a movie about killer x?  what does that look like?"  In that case the tree monsters in this one a killer washing machine?

But no, it doesn't have a killer washing machine, spoiler alert.  Yeah, pretty sure I thought this had a killer washing machine in it ala Death Bed: The Bed that Eats, a movie I certainly watched during my time writing this that I guess I did not review.  Unfortunate.  There's a few of those movies that you watch and stick with you and that is one of them.  Eh, maybe I'll rewatch.

The Washing Machine isn't one you watch that sticks with you.  This is a Giallo that comes as late as 1993 and doesn't try anything really new except putting the bodies in a washing machine at a few points.  Its a jilted lover plot with plenty of nude women flashing breasts while people kill them, and its about as next level as that makes it sound.  Not to slam it or anything.  Its just, you know, only that.

It has a great soundtrack and it has some great nudity and it works on a few levels, so I give it like a 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Washing Machine - 1993

 Its interesting as I go through these and I write out the reasons why they were on my list, a lot of the reasons are similar.  This is on t...