Look, not all of these are streaming or at the library. The thing about my taste is that it ranges towards obscure sometimes, and some C tier SyFy level dog movie is not going to be the hot item, ever. So I watched this in Russian with no subtitles on some sketch website.
Added at a time when I was into Stuart Gordon and Brian Yuzna. I was describing to my girlfriend, this has always been an interest of mine to see where these guys ended up, and goddamnit if this is not part of the reason why right here: discovering as I did just now that Stuart Gordon's second to last movie Edmond was a movie that played at my theater when I worked there? What?! I never discovered that before? Also did not know Stuart Gordon passed away in 2020, rest in peace to a great director.
Brian Yuzna appears to be retired after working more recently as an Exec Producer and such, and I think he willingly does not make movies anymore. With dregs like Rottweiler being probably what was offered to him, it's easy enough to see why.
Rottweiler has the "oh so intelligent" idea of having a robot-infused-dog chasing after a guy, and that is simple but it takes about 45 minutes to get there. We see strung out looking Dante as he shoots a dog with a shotgun, which is then returned to life and given robot teeth by Paul Naschy. Queue an oddly long scene where nude Dante runs from the dog and we almost ALMOST see dick many times.
For a movie with a dog with robot teeth, this thing is so boring and just does not have any fun to it. It sounds good on paper, cybernetically enhanced dog in early CGI area. They got a real dog and they did what they could I guess, but it just sits there. Its not fun. There are tits and there is a dick briefly and watching it in Russian was kinda fun, but this movie is not good. I give it a 1.5

No comments:
Post a Comment