This was the third in the Blind Dead series, which so far I have been a giant fan of. This entry concerns some supermodels being sent to International waters and "floating around hoping to be seen by passing ships" for advertisement purposes(?) While they're out there, a heavy fog rools in which brings the Ghost Galleon which has the blind dead templars on it.
Every shot on the boat is full of atmosphere and is shot very well. The dead appear and they look badass as all hell as usual. Butttttt.... We don't see any of them until literally over 35 minutes in. Yeah this one is wastin' time as much as it possibly can, just floating around (literally, get it?) and twiddling it's fingers in the meantime. Character and dialogue aren't this movies strong suits either so that's pretty dull.
The thing about this is that it truly is more slow, less atmosphere, way less templars, and definitely less horror /blood /action. The ship moments are the highlight, and the rest is pretty much non-existent. And like I said the boat parts are so much less interesting... They don't even have the cool echo-ey sound effects, it doesn't have the chains and the crabs and none of that awesome shit.
I haven't looked this up at all but it made me wonder about this series in general. Was this intentionally made as a four film series, was this ever linked in the mind of the creator beyond being like...similar looking templars? Are they supposed to be the same templars in the movies? Maybe some of this is exposited in dialogue that I don't remember... So for now, for being the weak link in the series still with like 30 minutes of great parts, I give it a 2.

No comments:
Post a Comment