Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Hellraiser: Revelations - 2011

 Wikipedia:  "An ashcan comic is a form of the American comic book originally created solely to establish trademarks on potential titles and not intended for sale."  

This concept would ensure that you kept a property rather than have it lapse out of your control, basically.    And boy oh boy is Hellraiser Revelations a ashcan film.  Made for a $300,000 budget and rushed into a very quick production, this sequel was made without Doug Bradley as Pinhead and marked the beginning of the end which would eventually result in the newest reboot, which yes I will watch for this blog.

Revelations is going to be a hard film to defend but I am going to do my damndest.  

Yes, I did like this.  No, not kidding.  No bits here.  I mean, it's at least kind of easy to see why when you look at the depths of the last 3-4 movies.  They had completely left the Hellraiser concept behind in favor of awfully written detective movies.  The acting in this movie is atrocious but at least its a fucking movie about Hellraiser instead of some cop who maybe killed his wife.

Found footage is a bad start as two teens go to Mexico to fuck prostitutes, and we're off for a bang as they end up meeting some weird drifter who gives them the puzzle box.  I want to see a movie about one of these weirdos who goes around giving the box to people, whats they're fuckin story??  The guys open it and Pinhead comes.  Lets get it out of the way, Pinhead looks terrible and is horribly acted.  Then one of the guys comes back home from Mexico but something is amiss.

But yeah!  I mean the dialogue about suffering is back, the creepy skinless dudes who want blood are back, the hooks and shit, even the wierd totem pole thing from Hellraiser 2 and 3 are back.  At barely 75 minutes is slides on by, and it is not at all a good movie, but the bar has been set incredibly low by this point, I'll fucking take it brah!  I kinda liked it.  I'll give it a 3.5

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...