Saturday, February 17, 2024

Hellraiser 3 - 1992

 I've sorta jut decided to watch these until they get awful.  My memory of this series is that it took a steep, steep nosedive after Hellraiser one.  So how does a rewatch work?

Well, my review of Hellraiser 4 I gave 4 stars.  So, I mean, in the pantheon of sequels, thats what, one of the best???  Mind you, part of that is the campy, stupid, I wanna watch this with a beer in one hard and my cock in the other, but still 4 stars is 4 stars.

Hellraiser 3, well, I dunno what to say.  Is this just coinciding perfectly with my mood?  I have been horribly anxious and depressed, lonely, and wanting to experience some sort of suffering.  Yes, I do want to suffer.  It's fine guys, its fine.  

Hellraiser seems to fit perfectly, with a lot of verbose talking about suffering and then these dope as shit monsters.  Also, the campy acting and the awful plot lines make it so bad its good and make the time fly by so, who knows dude, its fuckin working for me right now. (smokes blunt)

Hellraiser 3 stars Star Trek Deep Space Nine's Terry Farrell.  She does not show those gorgeous Trill titties, but she does get given the puzzle box after Pinhead, trapped in a piller from the end of Hellraiser 2 presumably, kills the guy who bought the piller.  Dax (Terry Farrell does not play Dax, rather she plays Joey, but I'm going to call her Dax) is having recurring dreams with her father, who was in the war, and through this she connects with Pinheads alter ego, a WWI soldier.  It all comes down to Dax vs Pinhead, of course, and the end is cool.

So I mean....  I loved it?  Its stupid, its badly made and poorly acted, people either playing it up or playing it straight poorly, and there are none of the trademark bloody skinless bodies the series had had so far, but somehow I still loved it.  It feels so 90s TV in a very calming nostalgic way, and the violence and nudity are just extra little candies for me to keep me going.  

They also just keep inventing new cenobites, and in this movie they have a fucking cenobite who throws CDs at people!!   Its like having a modern cenobite attack people through their fucking Insta or something, its so fucking topical and stupid and I LOVED it.  I give it 3.5 cause it is not quite as fun as Hellraiser 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wicked Stepmother / Deadly Illusion - 1989 / 1987

 I had a Larry Cohen double feature just now, for no other reason than they were both free online and I generally like the guy.  Good thing ...