Friday, February 23, 2024

Hellraiser: Deader - 2005

 I was thinking in my head the whole time I watched this the main actress was a fake Ashley Judd.  I was going to call her that in this review.  Then it occurred to me:  Ashley Dudd.  She's not bad, but that is far too good to pass over.  Ashley Dudd.

Ashley Dudd stars in this direct to DVD follow up to the last two specific Hellraiser movies.  Last two because...AGAIN, they're doing some sort of incidental story with a cenobite or two jammed in to sell the horror freaks on it.  This one was also directed more to capitalize on the recent success of Japanese horror movies like The Ring and Pulse, and thats also apparent.

Ashley Dudd is a reported who recently did an article titled "How to be a Crack Whore" and that made me laugh.  She gets put on a new case by her pervy boss.  The new case, footage of a girl shooting herself and being brought back to life.  Dudd goes to Romania to investigate and stumbles across the puzzle box and the underground cult of weirdos who are playing with it.

Deader is a fine movie in comparison to the last two.  There are some real atmosphere parts, the acting is way better, and the movie moves quicker.  The cenobites and Pinhead still take a backseat, but at least Pinhead is in it for more than 2.5 minutes like that other dumbass movie.  

Not a good movie by any means, but hey.  I'll take what I can get.  2.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wicked Stepmother / Deadly Illusion - 1989 / 1987

 I had a Larry Cohen double feature just now, for no other reason than they were both free online and I generally like the guy.  Good thing ...