Friday, February 23, 2024

Hellraiser: Hellworld - 2005

 Yes, because one of them (the last one) sat on a shelf for three years we ended up getting two Hellraiser movies in one year

I could not tell you what Hellworld here is about.  I have been watching it drunk for an hour and all I can say is Henry Cavill is in it as is Lance Henrickson, and Henry Cavill is fucking crushing it with charisma, vim and vigor, pep, etc.  He's definitely got charm yo.  There's some vague thing about an evil website where the box is opened and yeah, that's it. No plot.

First of all, fuck yeah.  Make it on a website.  Who gives a fuck.  Next movie, have it be from a Tik Tok.  Make it as contemporary as possible, please, so that it ages horribly.  This movie fuckin sucks/rules more than ever.  This is the definition of so bad its good in every way almost.

There is more Pinhead, its more of a classic Hellraiser movie, and thus we end the streak of "dumb movie plot with cenobites in it".  This is a proper Hellraiser movie and WHY DID WE DITCH THIS?  It's fucking great!  This is a great movie!  Make more like it, fill it with gore and cenobites and weird dialogue about pain and suffering and shit, I'm in forever.  HOW CAN YOU MISREAD YOUR AUDIENCE SO BADLY???!

Maybe I'm amped about the return to form or maybe its actually good, you won't know unless you watch it, and to make you feel like you should I'll give it  a 3.5


No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...