Friday, January 6, 2023

Eternal Evil - 1985

 Wait, 1985?  God.  This would have made me think more like 1977, 78.  It looked old.

Karen Black is back, everyone's favorite shockingly gorgeous unknown scream queen of the 70s and 80s.  I do frigging love me some Karen Black.

This movie is alternately known as "The Blue Man" and is a real humdinger.  Did you know that word actually has a definition?  I didn't.  First recorded use in 1883 in Montana:  a remarkable or outstanding person or thing of its kind.  So, I guess this is not a humdinger actually.  

This movie revolves around a mysterious woman played by Black who teaches a guy about astral projection. When he does this, however, people he knows end up dead. Meanwhile, we learn about a supposed soul transference that can happen via this astral projection, and learn that could be why the people are dying. 

Eternal Evil has a couple kills and it moves relatively quickly. It is a fine enough movie. I find myself forgetting anything else about it, I forgot to write a review after watching it, and now it's been about 4 days. 

I think I liked it fine. 3.5 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...