Wednesday, January 18, 2023

Frozen Alive - 1964

 I'm chompin away at this boxset slowly but surely.  When I looked through the remaining movies, I had a crisis of faith because there are a lot of really old black and white serial looking things left, and that does not excite me.

I chose Frozen Alive because it sounded intriguing.  It claimed it was about a scientist who freezes himself when he is pinned for a murder he did not commit, and the concept of "will the future hold a man responsible for a crime if he wakes up way after it has been committed"?  Or something like that anyway.

Frozen Alive, lemme tell ya, mismarkets itself a bit here.  The things in the synopsis do happen, but I knew I was in for a long movie when nearly an hour in, no one had died, no one had been frozen, and indeed nothing had happened.  What had the movie been about so far you ask?  Nothing, in short.  An alcoholic woman plays the fool, a scientist tolerates her, and we watch this happen in real time with no interest.

Then, in a seeming rush to have a plot, the alcoholic woman shoots herself on accident, the scientist quickly freezes himself, and we careen carelessly into the crux of the story; is he still responsible.  But I thought, I guess wrongfully so, that some amount of time would pass between freezing and being investigated.  I was wrong.  It's like days later, and so the whole idea "will he be prosecutable in the future" is not valid...?

If it's sounding like there was no reason for this movie to be made, well guess what you're spot on.  Perhaps the DVD plot breakdown gave me a false hope but if this wasn't about a frozen man put on trial what was it about?!  That is the plot, but its extremely minimal, with basically nothing given emphasis for the entire hour 20.  Which basically means it sucks and is pointless.  Half a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...