Thursday, February 13, 2020

Saigon, Year of the Cat - 1983

I'm running out of ways to start the blog.  I watched Saigon: Year of the Cat, in my last ditch effort to finish this boxset.

Saigon, Vietnam, 1984ish I guess.  British and French are both in Vietnam, chilling out, doing stuff.  Judi Dench is a...woman...I don't know what she's doing I guess, but she starts to have an affair with a guy that is in the US embassy.  The movie is a political one, a movie where this probably would've been better if I'd known what was going on.

The movie is cheap, low quality transfer, etc, first of all.  Then the accents.  Then the fact there is so much dialogue.  It was just plain boring for a lot of it, and despite the parts where I got pulled in by acting or by the plot, there was more than enough tedium and ho hum to go around.

So yeah, it's alright.  It's better than usual I guess. I'll give it maybe 2, 2.5 or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...