Monday, March 14, 2022

Medicine Man - 1992

 Long lost in the sands of time and film is the early 90's Sean Connery drama adventure, dumb fish-out-of-water Medicine Man.  I found it on VHS and watched it in increments in the cabin.

Sean Connery is a brilliant but troubled scientist leading research in the Amazon, and gets a new female assistant, Dr. Rae Crane.  They'll naturally have some conflict and they'll naturally get over it.  She'll witness him doing things that endear her to him, he'll learn not to be so judgy about her emotionally driven decisions as well as her city-girl-ness.  In short, it's a dumb movie you've seen before.  

Research shows this was filmed in the South of the Mexican state of Veracruz, where I recently spent about 10 days last summer when I was in Mexico.  Interesting, and by far the most interesting part of this movie besides the fact that they had more ethnic nudity in this than I've seen in anything for a while.  I forgot about that concept, and I'd have to think that the idea of ethnic nudity is now canceled like everything else by the liberal media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...