Wednesday, May 5, 2021

The Devil's Partner - 1958

I'm writing this review even though I fail to remember what this movie was called, and I'll fill that in later.

This film stars nobody and was a 1962 thriller/horror film. We basically have a mystery guy coming to town after his uncle dies to get the inheritance, and soon as he arrives he's super evil. He starts wooing a local engaged woman and turning her fiancees life upside down, all the while sing a local wino to get the necessary tools for his demonic intention.

This movie is pretty good, and I liked the darkness of it. Whereas a lot of 50's movies stray away from the true darkness which they're entailing, this movie leans into the satanic ritual, the ritual of it is given plenty of screen time, and that's pretty cool in the movie. The darkness of this is pretty good despite the slowness of the movie and it's inherant mind-numbing qualities.

The Devil's Partner is another title I'll quickly comment on, is it more scary that this guy is partners with the devil versus the devil himself? I say thee no. I say, why try to outdo the devil as having this be his partner?

I dunno, it's fine really, and quite ahead of it's time in many many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...