Thursday, May 6, 2021

Full Moon High - 1981

Various years exist online for this Larry Cohen directed horror comedy. After The Stuff I saw if anything was free on Amazon, and this was the only thing.

Full Moon High stars Adam Arkin as a high school jock and football team player, and early on in the movie he travels to Transylvania and gets bit by a werewolf. He returns home to his home in New Jersey and there "comedy" ensues as shit gets wonky.

This movie was long and bad. I wanted to like this of course, I wanted Larry Cohen to knock it out of the park with lots of comedy, effects, and etc. The whole thing though was not funny, and it's very obvious that they really wanted it to be. They reach for it so many times, and most of the jokes you'll just sorta sit there and maybe think to yourself "really? That's your joke? Really though?"

The movie drags way too slowly, it's too long, and I didn't give a shit. Endless dumb jokes, endless meandering nothingness. It was blah and dull and for a while I was using this movie to help put myself to sleep in the nights.

I guess they can't all be winners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...