Wednesday, December 16, 2020

The Exorcist III - 1990

I saw this in Amazon's Halloween instant watch list, and I thought it was the infamous Exorcist II The Heretic. I put it on and instantly this is "actors I know exclusively from one role" fest. Nicol Williamson, the landlady from The Mask, and George C. Scott.

Exorcist III follows older George C. Scott as he investigates a string of recent killings. He is in his late 60's in this, playing like a retired cop or something. The weirdness starts early, and I don't really remember a lot of the early stuff, but I know there's weird scenes in churches and also a great scene where a clock stops while two people are talking.

Eventually it comes out that some of these new deaths match the profile of dead serial killer dude The Gemini Killer. George C. Scott finds a connection to some prisoner somewhere where it seems that the Gemini Killer, played by Brad Dourif, has taken over another imprisoned guy. He's trying to convince everyone that Dourif is the Gemini and people are continuing to die, and it goes from there.

Why is this Exorcist, you ask? In the end, there is an exorcism scene, and it's pretty bland and I guess the good guy doesn't win but also doesn't lose. Who knows.

There were a few creepy parts to this movie I did like, but overall it's a forgettable average possession film. George C. Scott really elevates the story, even though he is terribly cast in it. I dunno, just another movie to watch some random day in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...