Thursday, December 3, 2020

The Embalmer - 1965

I just finished "watching" The Embalmer. I'll admit I paid little attention. The boxset has to have a few I don't pay attention to, otherwise I'd never get to say "I should rewatch this" after all.

I was struck early on by the fact that The Embalmer had a bit of good cinematography. That didn't last too long. Overall, it's a murder story, a mystery, a thriller I guess. It's really shitty black and white film. I always wonder about that, because there were so many color films by this point, and because even black and white films at this point looked better. But, low low budgets will bring in bad bad quality.

It was a bland, slow, talky movie from what I could tell. I texted friends about whiskey, I looked up some other stuff online, I watched the movie. It counts. It's "good enough". I don't think I missed much. 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...