Thursday, December 24, 2020

The Devil's Possessed - 1974

Alright, so I guessed it was a shitty title translation and I was right. The movie was in another language quite obviously, so I won't detract too many points for the stupid name.

Paul Naschy stars in The Devil's Possessed. Honestly you guys, the title. Its the devil. The devil doesn't need to be possessed to be scary, aight? The direct translation fo the name is "The Marshall of Hell" Which is guess is sorta like saying the leader of hell. Satan. I guess the title should've been just "Satan".

The Devil's Possessed is a medieval sword and sandal swashbuckler affair, featuring an evil tyrant ruler and a bunch of....other guys. Seriously, I'm reaching here. You wanna know the truth of this movie??

I sat here for 90 minutes, looking at the time the movie was taking, wondering how much longer there could be, wondering what the fuck I was doing with my life. I sat here, wondering "why me, god".

I had started Mutant. Mutant turned out to be Night Shadows from 1984, which I'd previously reviewed on this blog. I opted not to rewatch it. Instead, I switched to a random other movie on the boxset and I chose this one, woooo, what a mistake.

This was a slow as shit, pondering, meandering, nothing of a movie. The mild action and the would-be scary plot is nothing of interest, you'll wonder what the fuck is going on as you watch bland actors in leather costumes saying stupid things or having a badly choreographed fight. Seriously, I'd never be the one to say, "there's bad choreography here" until I saw this and realized, "OH! That is what bad choreography is like"

I give this stinker a 1. It is not quite a zero. Mind you, the mild erotic tension and the occassional moments were decent enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...