Thursday, February 29, 2024

Hellraiser: Judgment - 2018

 I'm so close I can taste it!  Reboot tomorrow and I'm done with this series.

So for lucky number 10, well what do they do?  They had just bucked the whole "let's have another movie and jam Pinhead in there" thing with the last movie, so why not take it back to there with Judgment, a movie where for the first 20-45 minutes, I had no idea what was going on.  Did it get better, did I get what was going on?  I mean, not really...  sorta?  Kinda?

We begin with a cop opening the mystery box and some random character being interviewed by the director of the movie as a new cenobite, the Auditor.

This guy then brings in a fat man who eats paper, vomits it into a tube, and nude girls play with the vomit, and none of this is ever explained.  Does it need to be?  I mean, not really I guess.  Fuck it.

We have glancing shots of a new Pinhead who is .2% better than last movie's awful Pinhead, and in the meantime some plot unfolds.  We get an extremely basic serial killer plot, two detectives are investigating it and they're saddled with a plucky new female recruit.  They go about their business, you guess the twist, and eventually one of them shows us the mystery box and they jam Pinhead in like it ain't no big deal.

This movie was fucking stupid.  And worse than that, slow.  And poorly acted.  And no good effects, and no Pinhead, and the whole thing is just a dud.  People said the last film was the nadir of the franchise?  No, these "other movies" with Pinhead unceremoniously dumped in are WAY worse!  This shit is fucking horrible!  If it was not for the nudity and the sheer ridiculousness of the ideas here I would not give it any stars instead I will give it:

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...