Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Terror in the Jungle - 1968

I'm still trying. I haven't given up, though I'm obviously slowing down and I don't retain either of my hopes I started out with originally.

Terror in the Jungle has a great first 30 minutes which gets me all pumped for a classic so bad it's good type experience, then slows down a bit and dwaddles out until it finishes. It's not a terrible, not a great, not especially memorable film, but it is on the boxset and it does have a similar plotline to one of these other cannibal Amazon jungle tribal type movies I've seen before.

The plot of this movie is that there is a kid on a plane that crashes in the Amazon jungle. This is around minute 23, and the kid is a blonde haired blue eyed young lad of maybe 6 years old. He survives the crash and gets put into a coffin(?!) that acts as a boat whereas the other survivors of the plane crash all either got exploded or were attacked by crocodiles in a hilarious sequence.

Blonde kid eventually gets discovered by indigenous tribal Amazonians, and they see the blonde hair and think him to be something special. Instead of killing the boy they take him to their leader, who decides the kid is special and holy and soon the village is practically worshipping him. In the meantime the kids father learns of the fallen plane and gets it together to go out and try to rescue the kid.

Terror in the Jungle wasn't too bad. It moves, it has great moments in the first 30 minutes especially and scattered throughout the rest of the movie. The movie wasn't one I'd watch again, but it is way better than the recent fare on the boxset. I would give it about 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...