Wednesday, December 14, 2022

The Nightmare Never Ends - 1980

 1980??!  I had previously looked this movie up, as I was watching, and had therefore SEEN THE YEAR of it, but just now in writing this review I STILL GUESSED 1971.  This feels that old and looks that shitty.

Also known as "Cataclysm" and "Satan's Supper"

This is, to go back to my first paragraph, the type of movie you need to Google while you watch it.  We have the opportunity to do that now, and it's certainly a mixed blessing.  We therefore can answer questions while we watch the flick, instead of needing to wait for the dumb thing to either explain itself or not.  I'm not sorry I averted my eyes while this thing played to Google it and figure wtf was going on with it.

Passed between three different directors, chopped to all hell, this movie was basically the orphan child no one wanted or cared about.  Cameron Mitchell plays a detective investigating the death of a woman which apparently has something to do with Nazis.  Meanwhile, some woman apparently in a B story is having weird dreams and this turns into something, what exactly I could not tell you.

This movie is incredibly hard to follow.  Maybe I need to rewatch it, that's a certainty actually, but I'm not fucking going to.  This was incredibly boring and tedious, and it felt like most of the time simply NOTHING happened.  

If I had to describe the average scene in this movie, it would go something like this:  "A blurry, out of shape weird guy walks around a building, tries a door, it doesn't work.  He wanders around.  He sees a mystery man we never get back to.  He goes to his car.  He drives around.  Cut to the woman character talking to her husband.  Nothing happens.  Cut back to the guy in the car.  He's still driving.  I dunno where to."

There's probably a version of this that makes sense, but I doubt even that is a good movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Resurrection - 1999

 Let's keep this streak going as long as we can huh?  Loving these dumb 90s-00s thriller horror mystery movies. Resurrection is directed...