Wednesday, December 14, 2022

All The Kind Strangers - 1974

 I watched this before the boxset, and it is unknown why I didn't write a review. This was when I was marathoning movies on Tubi, basically two months ago?

Stacy Keach stars as a man who, early on, has his truck die in the middle of nowhere and finds a house of all children. The kids take a liking to him and it seems they have no adults, that is until Stacy meets the "mother", Samantha Eggar.  It is slowly revealed these kids have kidnapped her, and intend to do the same with Keach, asking the two of them to play as their parents. 

Slow and methodical, this is a thriller of a minimal aspect, but super cool. Strangers has solid acting all around, and a genuine creepy feeling to it. I did not know what would happen next, and definitely did not know where it would end. 

This was the movie of the week on ABC on November 12, 1974. I wonder if anyone who saw it then has rewatched it recently?

This flick isn't radical, it's just extremely solid, well made, and it does intrigue. If this was remade, it would work. It's dark and deceitful, and it has a nihilism about it I appreciated. 

It ain't like the best movie ever, but I did thoroughly enjoy it. 4 stars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...