Monday, October 24, 2022

The Devil's Rain - 1975

 I mistyped the year as 2975.  Wouldn't it be cool if in some weird alternate universe, a sequel to this movie was made 1000 years later in 2975?  I know in this world supposedly anything can happen, but I guarantee that will not.

The Devil's Rain is a pretty well known cult movie again.  I'm obviously watching some horror since it's October, one week til Halloween, and no I have not decided yet what to watch on Halloween night.  

William Shatner, Tom Skerritt and Ernest Borgnine star in this accidental Ernest Borgnine double feature I had (with Escape from New York).  The movie is about a group of Satan worshipers that William Shatner infiltrates, I don't remember why.  He has only his religion to help him against the cult, and as he witnesses their Satanic mass and other stuff, he can't help but be pulled into their world.

This movie is well known for starring Anton LaVey, the founder of the Church of Satan, and he is in a small role in the movie as well.  The existence of real, modern world Satanists and the troubled "cursed" production made this well known as well, but it was also a bomb and got panned by critics.

The Devil's Rain isn't like, blowing up and changing Satanic movies as we know them or anything.  By this point in 75, some crazier shit had been done, and some crazier shit would be done still.  This is just, ya know, another bump on the log, link in the chain, and it is what it is basically.

I might have watched this before, if I did I didn't remember it, and that's possibly cause it's not very memorable.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...