Monday, September 9, 2024

Witchtrap - 1989

 So I confused this with the other Kevin Tenney with movie, Witchboard, which I previously reviewed on this blog.  That stopped me from writing the review a while but bam here we are with Witchtrap.

Linnea Quigley stars in this awfully acted fantasy horror movie that was clearly made to try to capitalize on the bizarre success of Witchboard.   Linnea doesn't actually star, but that is to say that no one in this movie has been in much, and when I say the acting was bad earlier, that is a vast understatement.  It has been a while, dear reader, since I last saw anything this incredibly subpar and it's refreshing to see again.  I'm not watching a lot of movies these days, and I forogt what this was like.

Witchtrap involves an old building that the main woman Agnes (2 other IMDb credits)  wants to ride of a demonic presence.  She gathers a team which has a "speaker" person, her husband, and a "body" person, Whitney.  She summons the evil and the evil stars doing evil stuff and killing people.  Its what you expect and it even has full frontal from Quigley until she is killed off.

I dunno.  What does one say more about this?  Its not a good movie.  It has basically no production value, but what they do with very little is impressive.  Quigley's death is cool, she gets impaled through the throat by a shower nozzle!  Pretty cool, unique.

She really is the queen of low budget nudity.

It gets a lot more audacious and cool as it nears the end, and basically sticks the landing, so bad acting aside it's a lot of fun.  It really has that nice late night stoned bad movie vibe, so I will give it a solid 3 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wendigo - 2001

 So I am at the library and this is on a shelf and I'm like, "eh whatever, sure" and I grab it. Wendigo is a early 2000s indep...