Sunday, September 15, 2024

Rat Man - 1988

 How bizarre is it that in one of the last shots of the rat man in Rat Man I paused it and said "I know that guy!"  I did think it was Weng Weng at first but it is in fact Nelson Dela Rosa, of The Island of Dr Moreau with Marlon Brando.

Rat Man, oh man, where am I going to go with this.  There is a lot to say, there is also nothing to say.

I'm on a fucking spree right now, in fact the other movie I just watched...inport this later... that one gets a three out of five, I liked it, its solid..  Rat Man comes up as a suggested thing on Tubi (the only streaming service you need, and its fuckin free, Tubi, sponsor me!!)  Rat Man is a completely unknown 80s horror?  Slasher? Thriller? Or something?  Genre undefined.  Idea, for that matter, undefined.

Basically plot wise, a genetically mutated rat man is killing people.  Where, when, how, I dunno I wasn't fucking paying attention you dig?  One does not "watch" rat man - one just kinda challenges oneself to get through it sober, then gives up and goes to the gas station about 5 minutes before they close buys two tall boys and drinks those with some Jager - which is awful, do people actually drink this?

Yeah it is a true story and no, I didn't pay attention to Rat Man, but I mean come on, its called Rat Man and stars a midget!  Question - would this ever have a snowballs chance in hell of getting made now?  Would this ever, and I repeat ever not get canceled?  Can midgets act as mutants anymore?  Surely the answer to this is no.  

Rat Man had bad kills and a no real effects and was clearly made on a miniscule "I work at a gas station " budget, so for what it is its ok, but overall I cant give this more than 1 star.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wendigo - 2001

 So I am at the library and this is on a shelf and I'm like, "eh whatever, sure" and I grab it. Wendigo is a early 2000s indep...