Friday, September 6, 2024

Darkroom - 1989

 I might have said I am googling "lesser known slasher movies" and then searching them on my phone.  If I didn't say that, well, I am.  This is in conjunction with re-re-re-rewatching Friday the 13th series with my girl.

So yeah dude, I find Darkroom and I put it on, its free online and most of these are not.  Darkroom is sorta you're whodunnit type slasher, though not aggressively steered that way.  I called dwho the killer was pretty early on and honestly they don't try hard to hide it.  I expected a lot more red herrings.  

There's a paper thin plot of a family living in the middle of nowhere and someone is killing their neighbors and soon enough after them.  The killer is a photographer, though that plot gets dropped midway through the movie in favor of just focusing on the victims.  

The victims are fairly flavorless and bland, but then again, the movie is fairly flavorless and bland so at least they match.  As we near the end and the killer is revealed, we have a completely revealing flashback with bizarre and creepy undertones.  I can't think of many slashers right off that do this, and its not like it is handled well in this movie but it is unique and memorable, so this does have that going for it.

Darkroom won't rock the boat nor make you think too much, but it will keep you watching and it offers some decent times to be had.  I guess I'll give it like a 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wendigo - 2001

 So I am at the library and this is on a shelf and I'm like, "eh whatever, sure" and I grab it. Wendigo is a early 2000s indep...