Saturday, November 17, 2018

Funland - 1987

C'mon dude.  For real?  Okay fine.

There's a bunch of smoke hanging over the Bay Area.  It takes a lot for pollution and smoke to stay in our air, given the high amount of wind and moisture.  In the 10 years I've lived here I've seen the air get steadily worse, the traffic get worse, the people get more douchy.  So now there's this fire in Paradise.  And we get the smoke.  They say I shouldn't stay outside.  So I sort of had a movie marathon today.

I get a bit high, a bit drunk, and I turn on Funland.  And who would think that later I...turn it off?  Yes, I fucking turned this shit off, even being high and drunk and willing to watch whatever.  But I still will not watch a bad comedy.  I will not abide a bad comedy that's not on my current boxset.  I have some fucking standards, yo.

I thought this was a horror. It's described as:  "When a mob family takes over an amusement park after the owner dies under mysterious circumstances, the recently-fired clown mascot seeks vengeance for the loss of his job."  I thought it would be a killer clown film, and I was willing to give that a chance.  Sounds fine, right?  Well, it was NOT.

This shit was not funny, interesting, definitely not a horror, and 1000% just a amateur piece of shit that even had bad acting.  The clown is on screen a lot, and he's not good.  The villains suck.  The plot is stupid and still hard to follow.  Some movies just suck.  This one, perfect example.

I give it a zero.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Wicked Stepmother / Deadly Illusion - 1989 / 1987

 I had a Larry Cohen double feature just now, for no other reason than they were both free online and I generally like the guy.  Good thing ...