Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Saw III - 2006

 How did I nail the year of this Saw entry?  How?  I'm supposed to be bad at years after 2000.

Saw is keepin on going guys, and I'm like 4 days late writing this review, as I saw this I think last Friday or Saturday.  Saw II I think I saw in theaters, and I think by this time in the franchise I was not going to see them in the theater anymore.  In fact, none of this felt familiar and it's possible I have not seen this movie before.

Saw III, about 45 minutes in, feels like a series of connected vignettes more than a proper Movie movie.  I'm not sure why this is because the plot is very present throughout the movie, and all the vignettes are tied quite closely, but yeah, I don't know exactly but it did really feel that way.

The third entry here focuses and a cancer ridden, dying Jigsaw character who has Amanda still working for him, and they kidnap unhappy wife Lynn to keep Jigsaw alive while this guy Jeff goes through a series of rooms containing the people that had something to do with his sons death.  We also have sort of a prequel in this movie, as it contains flashbacks to the setup of the first Saw.  Perhaps all these things are why it feels like a few vignettes.

Saw 3 is perhaps the begin of a decline here, as the only great actor is relegated to bed duty (literally) and the other stories are okay enough but not that gripping or compelling.  I mean, I kinda couldn't care less about a lot of this shit.  The traps are pretty good, I suppose the one I'll remember the best is a guy who is drowning in liquified rotting pigs.  Interesting?

I'll give it a solid 2.  It's ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...