Saturday, November 20, 2021

Kiss Daddy Goodnight - 1988

 I'm back to buying VHS randomly at the stores. I got a working VCR after my old one quit, so now I can watch this shit again. 

Uma Thurman makes her screen debut in this erotic thriller/ crime film about a girl who is robbing dudes once she gets them to their houses with promises of sex. Eventually things get more complicated, and yea that's whatever basically the plot. 

This movie was directed by an amateur and it shows. It's slow, it's boring, it's so simple that it's laughable, and altogether hugely forgettable. It's not like the worst movie ever it's more that basically nothing happens and plot movements roll by just the same as the endless scenes of nothing. 

Good acting saves it from complete Z grade.  Uma Thurman sells it, and Steve Buscemi is also in this for 2 minutes. There's a special place for this, and maybe in the 80s this seemed cool for a sec, but for me, it's a really boring, bad movie. 1.5 stars. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...