Wednesday, February 3, 2021

Keep My Grave Open - 1977

SF Brownrigg was previously seen on the blog with the Don't series that I think I never truly finished. He is a minor footnote in the horror genre and a low-budet baddie with only 5 films to his name. With this film having been watched, I have now seen 3 of those 5.

Keep My Grave Open feels much likehis in that previous paragraph. Is it worthy of being mentioned? Barely. If I was making a horror book or if I wrote a horror blog, and if it wasn't on my boxset, I would choose to not mention it or it would be a minor, short entry. Welcome to this post, y'all.

So yeah. In this movie, you have a glacial plot movement of a psycho woman who is obviously the killer. She has her house broken into early in the film by some unknown fat guy who steals her meat and wine and is later killed with a sword. Then we got back to the house and we have annoying, badly acted Lesley puttering around, making coffee, talking to her unseen brother Kevin. Seriously, the amount of times the name Kevin is spoken in this. Do a shot for each and you'll die, guaranteed.

Eventually we get to the last 20 minutes where it picks up a tiny bit and the whole plot is unveiled, and its a dumb payoff but it's better than nothing I guess. Stephen Tobolowsky played a small role, I didn't notice him. I give it 1.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...