Thursday, October 26, 2023

The Burning - 1981

 I guessed later in the 80s. Hm. 

The Burning is a slasher. Wait, a slasher in the 80s? First for everything. 

I dunno. The Burning is a movie I've seen a few times, honestly had to check to see if maybe it'd been put on this blog before. This movie is a lot like Sleepaway Camp, which is of course a lot like Friday the 13th. 

I'm not calling the Burning completely unoriginal. In fact when I first saw this I liked it, and I watched it again now and liked it again. There's the slasher I'm trying to remember where the kids play a trick on someone in the beginning... Terror Train, of course. Anyways in both Burning and Train the beginning shows the future killer getting spurned by dumb teens, giving them the need to kill. It's a weird idea to front load the reason, but then again I guess Friday the 13th had a strong reason in the end... Huh I dunno. 

The Burning has a pre Seinfeld Jason Alexander, it has some titties, it has some decent deaths, and the ending is fun and fast paced. There's not much to dislike. I'll give it 4 stars. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...