Saturday, August 22, 2020

Maximum Risk - 1996

From the same boxset as The Hard Corps comes Van Damme in Maximum Risk. I thought this was perhaps the other movie I watched with that Damme actor, the other one where he plays two roles...I'm not going to look it up. Because you see, the synopsis of this mentions his brother, so I thought it the same movie. Anyways, it is not.

Damme is playing some guy who learns he has a brother somewhere in Europe and his brother has been killed recently. Damme knows this, but his brothers friends in Europe don't I guess, anyways Damme goes over and starts turning heads when the local gangs and such see him and mistaking him for his bro. Also seeing him is Natasha Henstridge, and the Species lady is looking dynamite in this flick.

First of all, it's more stylized than the last flick, and directed by Ringo Lam, it has more of a in your face style to it. There is more action, both with guns and with fists. The beginning though, oddly enough, has a fuckton of dialogue and takes a million years to get anywhere.

I don't have much to say. It's less memorable than The Hard Corps even though I watched Risk after that one. Natasha Henstridge does get topless.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fallen - 1998

 I'm really enjoying this weird run of unknown late 90s thrillers that were either similar to Se7en, and honestly even the Hellraiser mo...