Friday, May 25, 2018

Help Me... I'm Possessed - 1976

I like the use of a good ... in a sentence.  For dramatic effect, randomly changing topics, style of writing.  I've probably made use of it countless times.  Yet, I don't think I have once used it in a movie title, and I doubt it's in many other titles.

Help Me... is the story of a classic mad scientist.  In fact, it had many tropes that are time tested.  It has a hunchback, it has exploitation, it has torture scenes, it has half naked women, it even has weird pacing and stuffy actors!  See, all the things one would expect are here, I told ya dawg.

So we have 70's, but conversely this was not on the boxset.  I told you, I'm taking a motherfucking break.  But I am also continuing my 1976 marathon, though I guessed this was a different year when I guessed earlier.  It feels like its been a little while since I saw a 76 film, but reality is it really has not been very long.  Whatever.

Help Me is the story of the mad scientist and his hunchback cohort, living in the desert, doing experiments on a few people in their basement.  There has been a string of killings lately, so a cop comes poking around but the scientist is able to convince him they have nothing to do with the killings.  Then the scientists wife shows up and meets the scientist, his crazy sister, and eventually uncovers the sinister experiments the bro is doing in his basement.

Its... average.  See there?  I used the ...  But yeah, it is quite average.  It should have had nudity, is my primary thought.  It's like an sexploitation in quality, but since it has no skin, it's basically just a worse than average exploitation flick.  Which, honestly, I could take or leave.  It's pretty much nothin', it's blah, it's bland.  Acting is underacting.  Music is under-scoring.  The look is pretty much nothing.  This whole movie left no real impact.  In other words.

There's like a few moments of entertainment, and it might be fun to watch with friends or while drinking.  But it's got many other, better films I'd recommend for such ventures first.  1.5 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Petrified Forest - 1936

 FUCK! I guessed one year off.  I'm going back to Bogie. We just don't have actors like him anymore. To jump into that,  I'd say...