Wednesday, June 12, 2024

Thunder 2 - 1987

 Who knew that the movie I randomly rented from the library a while back, Thunder, had two sequels which my Idaho library has, for WHAT reason exactly??  Also known as Thunder Warrior 2.

Tried to find the filming locations just now, not listed, but I feel comfortable saying it is vaguely in Arizona.  

The first Thunder felt like it was directly a First Blood copy, and they could have definitely made a Rambo: First Blood Part 2 clone.  But I bet that was too high budget, or maybe it was just uncopyable.  But either way this movie takes a detour and strikes out on its own.

Thunder 2 takes off by having main star Thunder get hired by the police.  One of the cops is dirty and selling drugs, the sheriff is a good solid dude.  Thunder gets framed for this that or the other, and then the cops are after him.  Its all A to B to C.  Straight forward.

The cool thing in this is the helicopter sequence which goes on forever, and seems like it was shot completely incompetently.  But yeah!  Solid sequel.  I give it a 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thunder 2 - 1987

 Who knew that the movie I randomly rented from the library a while back, Thunder, had two sequels which my Idaho library has, for WHAT reas...