Tuesday, June 11, 2024

Fear - 1990

 I dialed it back a little bit to 1990 but kept the same genre - that being serial killer movies.

This was a made for TV movie starring Ally Sheedy that I found in my neverending search for serial killer movies that were in the 90s.  It also got suggested to me because of watching In Dreams, so now the algorithm is giving me movies with a psychic bent to them.

These movies are often pretty similar - main character and evil killer are linked in some weird telepathic way, killer gets off on it and our star is frightened until they get a cop to help them and then they begin to see that they can use this power to control or affect the killer.  Then it keeps going and eventually the killer is after our main character.

This does describe to a T both Fear and the movie I watched after, Hideaway with Jeff Goldblum.  What can I say man, I am in the mood to watch these!  Hideaway is great, mini review says come for Jeff Goldblum stay for the crappy CGI and the over the top nature of the film.  3.5 stars.

But now Fear, Fear is a good one with a truly creepy vibe at times.  We have the killer "The Shadow Man" going after women, and Ally Sheedy is a psychic who's helped cops in the past track down two other killers.  Now she is after Shadow, and making a new boyfriend, and doing all the other classic stuff in between.  Spoiler alert the killer is awesomely played by Pruitt Taylor Vince, and the end sequence in a mirror house is awesome.

Its a fun movie, my girl liked it, and I would see it again.  Not bad for Made for TV!  It premiered on Showtime July 15 1990, almost exactly 34 years ago.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blue Monkey - 1987

 I'm straight up marathoning anything that sounds horror adjacent right now, and half of them or n=more are not getting reviews, sorry. ...